19 April 2022

C1 2B Intentions and arrangements

Your town has received a large financial investment and you are able to develop the project of your dreams. Think about the town where you live and choose one of these projects (or one of your own) to develop.
There are no budget restrictions.




Use grammar structures in the future to express intentions and arrangements;
We´re intending to...    The council is planning to... 
We´re about to start...     We´re due to receive a grant from ...
We´ll be distributing leaflefts with the intention of....

Also, make sure you use appropriate formal language to agree and disagree politely.

Useful language for discussions

Opinions, Preferences:
I think..., In my opinion..., I'd like to..., I'd rather..., I'd prefer..., The way I see it..., As far as I'm concerned..., If it were up to me..., I suppose..., I suspect that..., I'm pretty sure that..., It is fairly certain that..., I'm convinced that..., I honestly feel that, I strongly believe that..., Without a doubt,...,
Disagreeing:
I don't think that..., Don't you think it would be better..., I don't agree, I'd prefer..., Shouldn't we consider..., But what about..., I'm afraid I don't agree..., Frankly, I doubt if..., Let's face it, The truth of the matter is..., The problem with your point of view is that...
Giving Reasons and offering explanations: To start with, The reason why..., That's why..., For this reason..., That's the reason why..., Many people think...., Considering..., Allowing for the fact that..., When you consider that...





No comments: