30 October 2023

C1 Halloween





festivals/halloween/history-of-halloween-listening.html Halloween in

Halloween in the USA, Video and comprehension questions

Reading : a horror story 




                                   Thriller song
  Speaking:
  Do you believe in ghosts? Do you know any stories about ghosts?
· Has anything ever happened to you that you cannot explain?
· Do you believe that vampires or zombies exist?
· What is the most frightening experience you have had





Dictation (from the beginning to 4.40)
You are going to see the first part of the video where there is a dialogue between Michael Jackson and his girlfriend. Half the class will take Michael’s role and half the class the girl’s role.


M. Jackson: Honestly, we’re out of gas.
Girlfriend: So, what are we going to do now?
They leave the car and start to walk

Girlfriend: I’m sorry I didn’t believe you.
M. Jackson: Can I ask you something?
Girlfriend: What?
M. Jackson: You know I like you, don’t you?
Girlfriend: Yes.
M. Jackson: And I hope you like me the way I
like you.
Girlfriend: Yes.
M. Jackson: I just wondered if you would be
my girl?
Girlfriend l: Oh Michael!
He gives her a ring
Girlfriend :It’s beautiful!
M. Jackson: Now it’s official!
M. Jackson: I have something I want to tell you.
Girlfriend: Yes, Michael?
M. Jackson: I’m not like other guys.
Girlfriend l: Of course not. That’s why I love you.
M. Jackson: No, I mean I’m different.
Girlfriend :What are you talking about?
M.Jackson starts his transformation
Girlfriend: Are you alright?
M. Jackson :Go away!
 In the cinema
Girlfriend: Can we get out of here?
M. Jackson : No, I’m enjoying it.
Girlfriend: Well, I can’t watch. Excuse me.
M. Jackson: It’s only a movie.
Girlfriend : It’s not funny.
M. Jackson: You were scared, weren’t you?
Girlfriend: I wasn’t that scared!
M. Jackson: Yeah, you were scared.




____________________________________________________________________________
WRITING


S 

In groups of 3, write a scary story about this house.
Horror music

Image result for haunted house pictures

No comments: