C1 That´s English! Art Topic 2

 1. IDENTIFY THE ARTIST. AND PIECE OF ART.



  





      


ChatGPT dijo:

Key answers

  1. Guernica — Pablo Picasso (1937).

  2. The Persistence of Memory — Salvador Dalí (1931). Tentative identification.

  3. The Kiss — Gustav Klimt (1907–1908).

  4. Manneken Pis — traditionally attributed to Jérôme Duquesnoy the Elder (17th century).

  5. Casablanca — directed by Michael Curtiz (1942).

  6. Street art — possibly Banksy; exact artist and title unconfirmed.

  7. David — Michelangelo (1501–1504).



2. 🎨 Topic: Art and Exhibitions


1. How important do you think the arts are in our everyday lives? Can you imagine a world without music, films, literature, or visual arts?

2. Which art forms do you think have the greatest impact on society? Consider performing arts, media, visual arts and literature. How can they influence people’s opinions, emotions and behaviour?

3. Do you think the arts should receive more public funding, or should they be financially self-sufficient? Consider their cultural, educational and economic value.



C1_Art_Handout_Complete_Functional_Language%2026.pdf



  1. What does art mean to you personally? Do you think everyone can appreciate art in the same way?

  2. Do you believe that modern art is as valuable as classical art? Why or why not?

  3. How do museums and exhibitions influence the way we perceive culture and history?

  4. Have you ever been deeply moved or puzzled by a work of art? What made it so powerful?

  5. In your opinion, should art always have a message or purpose, or can it exist just for beauty’s sake?

  6. How do you feel about public art (murals, sculptures, installations) in cities? Should there be more of it?

  7. Do you think digital art and AI-generated art count as “real” art? Why or why not?

  8. How important is it for schools to include art education in their curriculum?

  9. Which do you prefer — visiting art galleries physically or exploring virtual exhibitions online?

  10. If you could curate your own exhibition, what theme or artists would you include?




                   2.       LISTENING         TRACK   


                                                                           

3. Recommending, advising, suggesting. Role play and situation cards



ROLE PLAYS






I strongly recommend (seeing/visiting/checking out)...
If I were you, I’d suggest (going early / booking online).
You might want to (visit/try/attend)...
I’d advise against (missing/skipping/ignoring)...
Why don’t you (consider visiting/have a look at)...?

🤝  Accepting Recommendations / Advice / Suggestions 

    Formal / Neutral

That’s a great idea.
I think you’re right.
I’ll take your advice.
That sounds sensible.
I hadn’t thought of that, but it makes sense.
 Informal
Sure, why not?
Sounds good to me.
Yeah, I’ll go with that.
Good call!

🙅 Politely Rejecting or Hesitating

      Formal / Diplomatic

I see your point, but I’m not sure that would work for me

That’s a good idea, though I might try something else first.
I appreciate the suggestion, but I’d prefer to…
I’ll think about it, but I’m not completely convinced.
I’d rather not, to be honest.

          Informal

Hmm, I’m not too keen on that.
I don’t think that’s really my thing.
Maybe another time.
Nah, I’ll pass.

____________________________________________

👉HOMEWORK: PREPARE YOUR MONOLOGUE FOR NEXT LESSON


Pages 36-37: Speaking. A disappointing experience. Ex 5a, 5b
Following the instructions on pages 36-37, you'll prepare a talk about a disappointing experience. 



 

WRITING: A REVIEW

Comments