14 November 2023

B1. 1 That´s English Unit 4 . Cooking and eating

  1. How often do you cook?
  2. How good are you at cooking?
  3. What are some things that you can cook?
  4. What dish or food are you best at cooking?
  5. Do you think you can cook better than your mother?
  6. Who is a better cook, your mother or your grandmother?
  7. Are cooking shows popular in your country? Do you watch any cooking shows?
  8. What is the hardest thing to cook?
  9. What are some of the advantages of cooking your meals at home? What about the disadvantages?
  10.  Is it important for children to know how to cook?
  11. Does your father cook?
  12. Who is the best cook you know?
  13. Would you like to be a chef? Why?
  14. If you had your own personal chef, what meal would you ask for most?
  15. How hard is it to become a chef? What do you have to do to become a chef?

QUANTIFIERS

NOW YOU!
39. 7  Do you eat healthy food? What do you usually eat and cook for lunch? 
What´s your favourite recipe and how do you cook it? 42. 12 Use the following phrases to help you.

First.... And then...Then
After a minute or two... Next...
When you´ve done that...
Finally...And that´s it!

43.6 How eating habits have changed in your country in the past ten years? How have your family´s eating habits changed?

46. Consolidation
1 . Food shopping tips 
4.  Talk to a partner about your shopping habits and give advice on how to shop better; use should, ought to and had better.



Expressions

Asking For Advice:

  • I've got a bad toothache. What do you suggest?
  • What do you advise me to do?
  • What should I do?
  • What ought I to do?
  • What's your advice?
  • If you were me what would you do?

Giving Advice

  • If I were you, I would go to the dentist.
  • Why don't you go to the dentist?
  • You'd better brush your teeth regularly.
  • You ought to/should avoid eating sweets.
  • If you take my advice, you'll go to the dentist.
  • It might be a good idea to brush your teeth on a regular basis.
  • I advise you to brush your teeth on a regular basis.
  • Have you thought about seeing a dentist.

Declining To Give Advice

  • I don't know what to advise, I'm afraid.
  • I wish I could suggest something, but I can't.
  • I wish I could help.
  • I'm afraid I can't really help you.
48. 7 Read the people´s comments below. Write recommendations for them. 

1. I´m trying to lose weight 
2. I´m a vegan
3. I love food markets and street food 
4. I´m a foodie! I love all kinds of food!

You should/ you´d better/ you´d better not/ you ought to

Listening


What´s on the menu? Outcomes pre-intermediate.

______________________________________________________________

Mediation Strategy: Paraphrasing  EOI exam Power-pack A2-B1






👉HOMEWORK

Page 55 , ex 7.
Write a blog entry (125 words) about an unexpected event that happened while you were on holiday.






No comments: